Sign up to get Kates Skates discount code savings delivered to your inbox.
Kates Skates, or K8s Sk8s, is an online retailer of all your skateboarding, scooter (and many, many other outdoor sports) related needs. This funky website features all of the top brand names, and the latest products in designer wear and safety wear, all at great prices.
Footwear and clothes
Have a look at the footwear range for the perfect fashion accessory, or for practical sports wear that also looks fantastic. Footwear includes skate shoes and Vans, as well as sandals and flip-flops in brand names such as Vans, Converse and many others.
Also available are New Era Cap Co caps, ski boots and a wide range of clothing for men, women and children including hats, beanies, underwear and swimwear.
Kateskates stock a huge range of accessories including sunglasses, watches, headphones, wallets and even toys – many for less than about £10.00 – and DVDs.
As the name suggests, of course you can choose from a huge range of skates. The range includes quad skates, derby skates, inline fitness skates, heelys (shoe trainers with hidden wheels in the soles), ice skates, as well as wheels and parts for skates.
Want to take up Derby? Check out our easy guide to the game and it's rules
Kates Skates have commuter scooters, folding scooters and stunt scooters, plus parts, wheels, and tools. You can also buy snow boards, BMX bikes, mountain boards, and even poweriser jump stilts.
To complement the range of sports equipment and clothing, protective pads and helmets are available with hints on their website (FAQs) on how to find the perfect fit.
Using the Kates Skates Website
There are pages of products on their website, but you can search for the exact product you want by using the drop down Filter Search on the left hand side of the screen when you click on a category. You can then search by brand, colour and size to refine your search.
Check out the Kates Skates website for the latest news and blogs on current trending subjects such as Motocross and Flat Track Roller Derby.
Payment to Kates Skates is secure and can be made using all major credit cards. If you have any problems, give them a call.
If you spend over £10.00, delivery is free (unless you live in the Channel Islands). If the item is in stock, you can expect to receive it in two working days.
If you need the product for someone’s birthday, tell them in the Comments box when you order and pay for it, and they will do their best to ensure that it gets there on time.
If you wish to return a product to Kates Stakes all you have to do is return the items new and unused within 14 days. However around the Christmas period returns will be accepted until the middle of January.
Your items will arrive to you in a neat package that is able to be opened so you can turn them inside out. Kates Skates ask that you try and return the package in the same condition. If this is not the case then there will be a 10% surcharge taken off the amount you are due to be refunded.
If the item you ordered appears to be faulty then you must contact them and request a returns form, this must be filled out with a description of the fault. It should also be noted that all returns are sent at the customers own expense.
Opening Hours and Contact Information
The telephone number to order products is 01229 433445 and this customer service line is open 9.15am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday (not on a Saturday - but the shop is open).
Kates Skates Shop
Kates Skates also have a shop if you prefer to visit in person and browse the available products. This might be helpful if you want to see the sizes of skateboards and scooters close-up.
The shop, which is in the Lake District, is at the following address: 12-22 Dalkeith Street, Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria LA14 1SP. It is open Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30, and Saturday 10am to 5pm.
You can e mail Kates Skates with a query on email@example.com or alternatively you can use the contact form on their website under the Contact Us tab.
Company Registration Information
The company registration number is 2548778.
Head Office Address
The address for their head office is the same as their shop address: Liontreck Ltd trading as Kates Skates, 12-22 Dalkeith Street, Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria LA14 1SP.
Roller Derby is taking over the nation, with more and people signing up to be part of the teams, a referee or a spectator.
And why not? It’s fun, it’s great exercise and you get to roller skate…How could you possibly refuse?!
Make no mistake though these girls are not cheerleaders on skates, they are serious derby machines who can do a lot of damage to one another (go watch a bout you’ll see what we mean).
Sounds like your kind of thing? Great but before you jump head first into this incredible sport, you’d best learn the rules!
- Each roller derby bout (match) lasts for 1 hour.
- The match is split into 2 periods lasting half an hour.
- There are multiple Jams (don’t worry we’ll come onto that in a second) in each period.
- Each team has five members.
- One Jammer, one Pivot and three Blockers.
- She is the only member of the team that can score points.
- She wears a star on her helmet
- She decides the pace of the Jam and acts as additional blocker (see below).
- She can also swap to become the Jammer.
- She wears a stripe on her helmet.
- These bad ass ladies work with the other members to stop the opposing team scoring.
- They also clear a path for their own Jammer.
- Their helmets are the team’s colour without any symbols.
- The objective of each Jam is to score as many points as possible against the opposing side.
- Jammers can score points every time they lap a member of the other team.
- To start each team member lines up as represented on the diagram above.
- A whistle blow indicates start of play.
- The first Jammer to clear the pack becomes lead Jammer and can call the Jam to an end at any point.
- The members of each team attempt to stop the opposing Jammer making it past them.
- They also assist their own Jammer in scoring points by making it easier for her to pass the other team’s players.
This game is brutal and somewhat dangerous but it's also the most fun you can have on 8 wheels plus you get to pick a really cool derby name, wear your panties on your head and hit your friends!
Go try out for the next Fresh Meat near you!